Sunday, January 28, 2018

Writerly community: showcasing recent books


Part of being a writer is finding community. What we do is so solitary that we need to talk to others, realize afresh that we're not as wierd as we think (or at least we have a splinter group of friends who are also wierd), and support each other through all the ups and downs of writing and publishing.

Today's blog post is going to showcase books recently released (in the last six months) those I call friends. Crazily enough, as I started to compile the photos, I realized they all have a J or G name. Guess it's a good time to be publishing if you start with a "Jeh" sound!


Jo Chandler's Y.A. book, start of a series


Jen Laam's latest Russian historical




Gina Mulligan's book of letters written to women with breast cancer;
I sent this to my mom for Christmas





My whale loves Joe Quirk's latest




Jordan's wonderful craft of writing book, in a new edition



At an event for Jim L'Etoile's newest, Bury the Past (I also bought it besides the
At What Cost I'm holding). All of us in this photo are Writers Coffeehouse people.


 So there you have it: Jo, Joe, Jen, Gina, Jim, Jordan. 

(Don't worry, Kathy: yours hasn't released yet so I'll get you next time along with any K or C friends we know...)

. . . . .














No comments: